Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Snow,

I know you've received a lot of letters lately imploring you to continue your recent good work in the Pacific Northwest. But Snow, I think you deserve a few days off. No, seriously, take a few days. I'm not suggesting this just because I've been sledding in both a real sled and my car and found the first mildly more fun than the second. I'm not saying it just because you and I have had our disagreements in the past, some of them widely publicized by me via Facebook. I'm not even recommending this only because I'd really like to see my parents for Thanksgiving. I'm encouraging a break because you deserve one.You've worked hard to make freeways into parking lots and overturn septic tankers on nearby roads. (I can't imagine how much work that last one alone must have taken.0

And maybe you're not tired yet. I get it. But I hear there are other parts of the country that consider you a miracle and would be just delighted with a visit. Southern California, for instance, or Texas. You could even be daring and head to another country! All I'm saying is keep your options open. Don't feel obliged to stick to just one area because you've received such acclaim there. The only way to make a real name for yourself is to head off and see the world. We'll all be waiting for you when you come back--next year.

I just want what's best for you, Snow. And if that means we have to be parted for another 365 days, or maybe even longer, I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Best wishes,

Tina

No comments: