Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Ongoing War Against Ennui

So, in a continued effort to keep an interesting blog, I'm keeping my eye out for interesting material. For instance, as the only English major in a writing class of 24 exercise science/engineering/pre-med/pre-dental students, I often find my classmates' approach to writing, and the class in general, funny. Part of it is the earnestness with which all pre-med students take any question or assignment. In my experience (granted, limited experience) they are always the people who answer those awkward everyone-knows-the-answer questions, usually right after the question is asked. Their efforts in class, whether sincere or otherwise, always seem like sucking up. For instance, our teacher gives us a few minutes everyday to get to know someone around us. Of course, being something of a bookish loner, I hide in the back and only make token efforts. But there was one kid who, the day after our teacher started this, started asking everyone for his or her name, etc., before class, in the presence of the teacher.

Wow, long tangent. What I meant to lead to was that in an effort to keep things interesting, I'm going to republish here some of the silly things I've written and posted on Facebook. It might take a while because I want to re-edit them and maybe do some more revising before I post them. Not that anyone who is reading this at this point knows if they should look forward to this or not. In that same effort, I'm going to be watching for things to write about again, and they usually have everything to do with my (often) weird and funny interactions with others. Maybe you can judge: do strange things really happen to me or am I just socially awkward enough to bring them on myself? Let the trial begin!

No comments: